BayTree seeks a committed and enthusiastic individual to head the entire life cycle of the deal from origination to closure. This is an exciting opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial environment and pursue profit with a purpose.
BayTree intends to hire Head – Deal Origination and Execution. The individual will play a key role in deal origination, management and closure. You will be part of a small team and work closely with the co-founders to identify prospective investments and manage the entire process from sourcing to closure. Key deliverables will include the following:
· Deal origination including cold outreach, developing partnerships, running campaigns, participating in business plan competitions to maximize deal flow
· Run the P&L on deals
· Showcase deals, develop investor syndicates, align different types of investors
· Actively advise founders and investors on deal matters including valuation, key terms, due diligence, documentation to ensure timely execution and closure
· Willingness to undertake bespoke projects including strengthening of BayTree’s network, brand and the tech platform
· Ability to work independently and in an unstructured environment
· Experience of 8-10 years in investment banking or corporate finance, with at least 10+ transactions closed end to end with direct responsibility
· Exposure to standard investing terms and conditions, due diligence and deal documentation is a must
· Bachelor’s degree is required; MBA/Post-Graduate degree preferred
· Good knowledge of the investment banking and investing environment/market in India
· Impact investing experience preferred but not essential
Compensation: Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Location: Mumbai, India
Application Deadline: 31st October. Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis, hence you are encouraged to apply early.
Contact: Send your CV along with a cover letter telling us why you want to work at BayTree and what you can bring to this role to email@example.com. Please note that applications without a cover letter will not be evaluated.
BayTree is an online marketplace that connects investors with early stage enterprises that create social impact. BayTree believes in finding market-based solutions for tackling some of the knotty problems facing our society today.
We are helping build the critical market infrastructure much needed to accelerate the development of specific investment opportunities as well as widen the base of capital. We provide a full suite of services to close a deal from entry to exit - including due diligence, transaction support, impact assessment, portfolio management and exit management.
Since inception, BayTree has evaluated more than 1200 enterprises, developed a network of more than 500 investors and launched several new products and services. Our Knowledge Series which includes webinars on a range of topics including impact assessment and measurement, decoding term sheets, sharpening the investment pitch and the like have proved useful to the impact investing community.
BayTree’s mission is to nudge the market for impact investing by drawing in more entrepreneurs and a greater number of investors. We want to give a wider audience a stake in addressing our social, economic and environmental challenges. In time, we believe this can help foster an enduring community that will champion and grow the market for impact investing.
31st Oct, 2020