The selected candidate shall be responsible for conducting research on various welfare programs and policies implemented by government and verifying the information with the district authorities and departments. The primary nature of work will include:
1. Compile data on central and state schemes by visiting departments or from government websites. Support Research team on preparing write-ups for welfare programs implemented by Government, NGOs and Private Institutions/Corporate CSR for the benefit of the individuals / community and organizations.
2. Interact and liaison with the departments and officials at district level to collect updated information about the currently active welfare programs. Selected person will be responsible for coordinating with departments for 2-3 districts.
3. Collect updated and accurate information from the departments for identified schemes and services (budget, scheme guidelines – process, documents required etc). and collate the information in the form of easy comprehensible write-ups and also as would be required for Organization communication and documentation.
4. Regularly communicate with the research team to provide them the updated scheme information so that it can be updated on our portal and made visible to all the Haqdarshak.
5. Coordinate with the technology team for digitizing the scheme information along with various documents required.
6. Work directly with the Haqdarshak and citizens and conduct trainings for Haqdarshak on regular basis on scheme application.
7. Work on fixed targets and deadlines for number of scheme applications completed and number of active Haqdarshak in the identified districts.
8. Provide feedback to the research team on the quality of the information provided on our application and its usefulness to the Haqdarshak and citizen.
Qualifications and Skills
1. Graduation / Post Graduation Any Discipline (Also in Sociology, Economics, Political Science, Anthropology)
2. Capacity to manage the technical and logistical aspects of several research projects
3. Excellent communication skills in English and Hindi, including the local dialect
4. Advanced written and oral communication skills for a variety of audiences 5. Research bent of mind and inclination to work on the Public Policy domain.
6. Inclined to work in the Social sector and primarily in the rural communities with the empathy to ‘bring change’
7. Determined and self-motivated to meet targets
8. The role will demand regular travel for department visits, meeting the HDs and citizens and travel between districts. Selected candidate should be willing to based out of assigned districts.
9. Need to work in close coordination with the team and the Line Manager
10. Very good interpersonal and Leadership skills
HESPL (Haqdarshak Empowerment Solutions Private Ltd.) is a social enterprise working to make welfare schemes more accessible to citizens by creating a multi-state, multi-lingual, mobile technology platform that helps citizens discover, apply for, and benefit from, government and private schemes that they qualify for. They can use the platform through a local trained facilitator, the ‘Haqdarshak’, or themselves, on payment of a small service fee, which makes it financially sustainable. The promoters have immense experience in entrepreneurship and grassroots work in this area.
We have received a number of accolades in the past including being selected as one of the top 10 finalist of the Innovate for Digital India Challenge run by CIIE on behalf of mygov.in and Intel, top 5 in the Harvard-IIT Delhi Social Challenge, 2016, top 10 in the Sankalp Global Innovation forum, 2016, and winner of the NASSCOM social innovation forum NSIF 2016 and the Antah:Prerna Challenge TIE, 2016. We were also selected as top 6 enterprise in Asia and top 2 in India in the DBS-NUS Social Venture Challenge 2016 in Asia organised by NUS Enterprise and DBS foundation. We were also one of the winners of the Facebook Code for Next Billion challenge.
Our major non-government partners include TATA Trusts, Save the Children, PRADAN, Swades Foundation, Crisil Foundation, DHFL Foundation, Ambuja Cements Foundation, ITC, Godrej Properties, and J-PAL among others. We also work with governments including the Rajasthan government, PTSLP (Tamil Nadu government), Haryana government. One of the critical parts of our mission is to ensure that our Haqdarshaks are getting the best experience from our platform. Your technical & intellectual support is vital to the growth of network of Haqdarshaks across India.
Please visit our website www.haqdarshak.com to learn more about the organization.
15th Apr, 2019