BayTree intends to hire a full time Associate who will play a key role in deal origination, management and closure. You will be part of a small team and work closely with the CEO to identify prospective investments and manage the entire process from sourcing to closure. Key deliverables will include the following:
1. Deal origination including cold outreach, developing partnerships, running campaigns, participating in business plan competitions to maximize deal flow
2. Work closely with enterprises to develop deal collateral including investor presentations and financial model
3. Showcase deals and run ideas to garner investor interest in enterprises
4. Develop investor syndicates, align different types of investors and close deals. Exposure to standard investing terms and conditions, due diligence and deal documentation is desirable
5. Willingness to undertake bespoke projects including strengthening over all BayTree network, brand and tech platform
6. Ability to work independently and in an unstructured environment
- Experience of 3-5 years in investing or investment banking or corporate finance, with at least 2+ years of deal origination and evaluation
- Bachelor’s degree is required; MBA/Post-Graduate degree preferred
- Good knowledge of the investment banking and investing environment/market in India
- Impact investing experience preferred but not essential
BayTree is an online marketplace that connects investors with early stage enterprises that create social impact. BayTree believes in finding market-based solutions for tackling some of the knotty problems facing our society today. It is co-founded by Anuradha Bajaj and Ramesh Venkat and led by Abhay Garg who is the CEO.
Abhay is a career finance professional with more than 15 years of experience across investing, banking and taxation. Abhay has joined BayTree after ~10 years in impact investing at Acumen and PE investing at Axis Private Equity where he served on Boards on several companies across sectors such as energy, education, agri.
Anuradha comes with a background in commercial banking and international development. She has led financial sector development including impact investment, at DFID (UK government's development ministry). She has senior level relationships across donors, private foundations, development financial institutions, the private sector and academics.
Ramesh has extensive financial sector expertise, in particular, setting up and managing alternative investment vehicles including private equity and venture capital funds. He has deep relationships in the corporate and financial sectors in India, which will be important to access impact sectors in India and originate investment opportunities.
18th Oct, 2019